Are you currently a head brewer looking for a new and fun opportunity? Well, if you are willing to relocate to Sunny Southern California, I have got the dream job for you! My friends over at Modern Times Beer in San Diego, CA are looking to hire a skilled, experienced, process-oriented Head Brewer!
Modern Times Beer is a 30bbl production brewery-in-planning, and aims to be up and running in 6-12 months.
Modern Times will brew bold, flavorful, boundary-pushing beer in a highly collaborative, creative environment. The Head Brewer’s primary goals will be to kick out perfectly consistent batches, ensure immaculate QA, and guide the brewery through growth and expansion.
The ideal candidate will have done this before, having spent several years at a rapidly growing brewery where he/she applied a vast array of knowledge about brewing, engineering, and microbiology to the task of turning a small brewery into a bigger one.
1) Uncompromising about beer quality and exceptionally detail-oriented, with at least 5 years of experience in a production brewery
2) Hard working, focused, organized, and a natural leader, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
3) A great communicator who values giving & receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative environment
4) Experienced in all aspects of running a production brewery
5) A graduate of a professional brewing education program
6) Able to start working as a consultant immediately and come on full-time in approximately 6 months
7) Likely to feel comfortable in an environment that prioritizes beer geekery, collaborative communication, hard work, long hours, and an obsessive commitment to making world class beer
8) Excited to live in San Diego, one of the best beer cities in human history and the land of perpetually immaculate weather, gorgeous beaches, world class bars and restaurants, great hiking, year round
farmers markets, etc…
A full job description will be provided to qualified applicants.
SERIOUS and interested applicants can send a resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com with “I want to be your Head Brewer!” in the subject line.
Modern Times Beer is an equal opportunity employer. You can read more about us at moderntimesbeer.com