The cat is out of the bag. Some of you might have figured it out for yourselves, some of you have heard it from me, and some of you may have read the announcement … Either way, I am very honored and excited to reveal that yours truly has been selected as the Chief Blogger of the Inaugural Beer Bloggers Conference that will take place November 7-9th in Boulder, CO.
Now there are some things I need to clear up before describing my involvement in the conference. In no way shape or form does the title Chief Blogger imply that I have been crowned the “best” beer blogger. Oh no, there is no way in H E double hockey sticks that my 2.5 year old blog has earned me such honors. Although I aspire to be like them, I am definitely no Stan, Jay, Stephen or Charlie.
So why have I been deemed Chief Blogger of the Beer Blogger Conference? Well for starters, I have attended the Wine Bloggers Conference, I know its founders, Zephyr Adventures, and I am familiar with their organic process of organization, and their concept of using a collaborative voice to drive the contents and flow of the conference. I also am familiar with the steps leading up to the conference — determining panels, recruiting speakers, nominations for awards, social media promotion for the event, etc…
For the past week or so, the rumor mill has been churning and I have received several calls, emails, texts, DMs and the like about my involvement in the Beer Bloggers Conference. Consider this your official confirmation. It should also be noted, at this time, that I will be attending the Beer Bloggers Conference as both Ashley “The Beer Wench” and Ashley of Mutineer Magazine, one of the event sponsors.
In my opinion, the Beer Bloggers Conference is an excellent opportunity to bring together some of the most passionate craft beer advocates, enthusiasts and evangelists in the world together. The conference is not limited to just experienced bloggers. In fact, newbies are highly encouraged to attend because there will be so much information available to assist in the development of a beer blog.
Personally, I am really excited to be involved in something that will help to promote, strengthen and increase the awareness of the beer blogosphere. In just 6 months, I have learned a lot about over 100 of my fellow beer bloggers through my Featured Beer Blogger Interview series. I have already had the opportunity to meet nearly 100 fellow beer bloggers in my travels all across the U.S., and I really hope to get the opportunity to reconnect with many of them in Boulder.
For all details surrounding the events as well as updates and news releases, check out the official site HERE.
Naturally, I will also be managing the Twitter process for the 2010 Beer Bloggers Conference. We have set up the Twitter account @beerbloggers and I will be Tweeting and Retweeting about the conference. So sign up to follow our updates and please use the hash tag #BBC10 on all your Tweets about the conference!
I also want to give a shout out to the sponsors who have made this event possible:
And if you or anyone you know is interested in sponsoring the Inagural Beer Bloggers Conference, contact Allan at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Also, for those of you who are curious to know who has confirmed registration, I will begin the compile a list on my site and update it as frequently as I can. I will only post people who want to be posted, so if you don’t see your name on the list, leave me a comment of shoot me a message!
- Ashley V Routson –> @TheBeerWench @mutineermag @beerbloggers
- PJ Hoberman of “Starting A Brewery” & “The HopPress” –> @hookedonwinter
- Lee Williams of “Hoptopia” –> @hoptopia
- James Marks of “Columbus Beer Guys” –> @CbusBeerGuys
- Gerard Walen of “Road Trips For Beer” –> @roadtrips4beer
- Erik Boles of “BeerTapTV” –> @BeerTapTV @ErikBoles
- Eli Shayotovich of “BeerTapTV” –> @BeerTapTV @EliShayotovich
- Dale Miskimins of “Sodak Beer” –> @sodakbeer
- Stevie Caldarola of “Basically Read” –> @BasicallyRed
- Draft Magazine –> @draftmag
- Kerry Finsand of “Taplister” –> @taplister
- Tamre Mullins of “Girls Pint Out” –> @girlspintout
- Jennifer Litz of “Girls Pint Out” –> @girlspintout
- Ryan Conklin of “Denver Bartender Examiner” & ” 52 Beers 52 Weeks” –> @DenverBartender
- Billy Broas of “Billy Brew” –> @billybroas
- Lucy Saunders of “Cooking With Beer” –> @lucybeercook
- Carla Gesell-Streeter of “The Hoperatives” –> @hoperatives
- Tom Streeter of “The Hoperatives” –> @hoperatives
- Mike Kopera of “Podcask Conditioned” –> @podcaskco
- David Moyer of “Beer Commissioner”
- Chris Spradley of “Breweries, Bars and Beer Food” –> @beachbumchris